· Links
· Polls
· Private Messages
· Recommend Us
· Submit News
· Your Account
· Your Journal

Recommended

Gerald Honigman has just published a major book, "QUEST FOR JUSTICE", the result of decades of study on the Middle east.

Jerry was denied a PhD because he was too pro-Israel. But he wasn’t daunted and went on to crown his years of study with this book rather than a PhD.

To read more about the book and what others say and where you can buy it go
HERE.

Jerusalem Posts :: View topic - "Al Qa'eda Is afraid of me" Says Obama On Saudi TV
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   FavoritesFavorites   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

"Al Qa'eda Is afraid of me" Says Obama On Saudi TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Jerusalem Posts Forum Index -> Introduction to the Arab/Israel Conflict
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael_BlackburnSr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: "Al Qa'eda Is afraid of me" Says Obama On Saudi TV Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

http://israelamerica.blogspot.com/2009/01/obama-says-al-qaeda-is-afraid-of-me.html

Today President Obama gave his first foreign policy speech , as everyone knows by now, to al aribya, a Saudi Arabian TV station.

Personally, I don't think its panic time as yet.
Whatever one may feel about the U.S. President, one must acknowledge that he is intelligent.
He seems to be able to deal with complex thoughts and structures.

Liberal commentators in America described them selves as being "Giddy".
The giddiness will wear off, I think, when they realize that Obama is not going to throw Israel under the bus.
His speech today was meant for the man in the Arab street.
President Obama said in the interview, “Al Qa'eda, and the other extremist groups are afraid.
I said in my inaugural, you will not be respected for what you destroy, but for what you build.”
He said, in answer to a question, "Their tactics have failed."
He said, “They have not done one thing to help a child get an education or get health care or climb out of poverty.”
Obama is trying to reach the moderate Arabs, and isolate the extremists.
This makes sense.
Whether it will work is yet to be seen, but it is certainly worth a try.
His pick of Senator George Mitchell to be Special Envoy to the Middle-East sits in line with what so far seems to be a brilliant pragmatic approach to almost everything this President deals with.
As a Senator Mitchell earned enormous bipartisan respect.
It has been said "there is not a man, woman or child in the Capitol who does not trust George Mitchell."
For six consecutive years he was voted "the most respected member" of the Senate by a bipartisan group of senior congressional aides.
In 1996, the governments of the United Kingdom and Ireland asked Senator Mitchell to chair the peace negotiations in Northern Ireland. Senator Mitchell led the negotiations for two years, work that ultimately resulted in a historic accord that ended decades of conflict.
In May 1998, the agreement was overwhelmingly endorsed by voters in Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic.
At the request of Israeli and Palestinian leaders, Senator Mitchell served as chairman of an international fact-finding committee on violence in the Middle East. The committee’s recommendation, widely known as The Mitchell Report, was endorsed by the Bush Administration.
So, as I said, don't panic yet, everyone, President Obama may be able to accomplish what others have valiantly tried and failed.
I, for one, am cautiously optimistic.
sparky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Barack H. Obama Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I want desperately to think that President Obama is a chessMaster. His meteoric rise on the political scene is spellbinding and proves his mental fitness. I sincerely hope he is the man for our time and his heart is that of a true blue Americano ... regardless of his wacky promises to his leftist supporters. He's in the driver's seat now. He will be privy to America's most salient secrets and clandestine strategies. Like one of the campaign posters read at the Convention: "This is your moment, Barry ... don't screw it up"

Throw us conservatives a bone or two, President Obama ... drag your feet about abortion and "gay" " rights". Drill ANWR. And for Christ's sake leave our guns, Bibles and sacred American traditions alone.
Michael_BlackburnSr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Barack H. Obama Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
I want desperately to think that President Obama is a chessMaster. His meteoric rise on the political scene is spellbinding and proves his mental fitness. I sincerely hope he is the man for our time and his heart is that of a true blue Americano

Me too, Sparky.
Your Chessmaster analogy is a good one.
The man is brilliant, and I feel, and have felt, all along, that he is a good man.
I'm not going to say who the last President that I felt this good about, at this point was, because it would reveal my age in a rather shocking manner, Smile ,
but the man has surprised me.
I am even hearing positive, though grudging, comments about him from conservative commentators.
Time will tell.
Levi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: "Al Qa'eda Is afraid of me" Says Obama On Saud Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Michael_BlackburnSr wrote:
Today President Obama gave his first foreign policy speech, as everyone knows by now, to al aribya, a Saudi Arabian TV station.

He should have gone straight on al-Jazeera and talk to Osama directly... Kinda Obama-to-Osama Straight Talk.

Personally, I don't think its panic time as yet.

Please let us know when it's time to panic, okay Mike?

Whatever one may feel about the U.S. President, one must acknowledge that he is intelligent.

According to who or to what? Do you even know what his IQ number is? I don't think he is more intelligent than you. If you want, I can tell you why I think so.

He seems to be able to deal with complex thoughts and structures.

Wasn't he the One to tell us what the answer to our national energy crisis was by telling us to inflate our car tires? Very thoughtful decision after a very complex analysis of the situation!

The giddiness will wear off, I think, when they realize that Obama is not going to throw Israel under the bus.

He won't throw Israel under the bus. He will help the Palesitnians to blow up that bus full of Israelis.

His speech today was meant for the man in the Arab street.

For Ahmed, Sayid and Abdul...? I'm sure they took note and will be nice to su now. Barack Hussein has spoken; there will be peace in the valley!
Old man
He said, “They have not done one thing to help a child get an education or get health care or climb out of poverty.”

Like he did in Chicago, IL in his hometown communities... which are near last in national educational achievement scores (!)

I'll get back to you on the rest of what you posted later...
Michael_BlackburnSr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: "Al Qa'eda Is afraid of me" Says Obama On Saud Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jim wrote:

Please let us know when it's time to panic, okay Mike?

I was speaking to normal, thoughtful readers here, Jim.

You obviously panicked long ago, and haven't used sound reasoning in quite some time.

I'll stand by my post.

Like most Americans, I'll wait to see what develops, there will always be a small minority, such as yourself, that will carp and complain no matter what the President does, or how successful he may be.

Pat Buchanan, a philosophical idol of yours, says he think the President is doing a fantastic Job so far.

Most Americans agree with that.

All of the polls show that Americans, by an overwhelming majority, support the President.
sparky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: "Al Qa'eda Is afraid of me" Says Obama On Saud Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Like most Americans, I'll wait to see what develops, there will always be a small minority, such as yourself, that will carp and complain no matter what the President does, or how successful he may be.

Pat Buchanan, a philosophical idol of yours, says he think the President is doing a fantastic Job so far.

All of the polls show that Americans, by an overwhelming majority, support the President.

Well, he really hasn't DONE anything yet so "fantastic" may be a tad pre-mature

Buchanan is rabid Romanite so he is solidly in the hate Israel camp

He's already pissing people off but I guess his "wild success" really depends on just who gets the most pissed off

I can't wait for Jim's reply so please forgive my knee jerk interjection Listen To Me Please
Levi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Levi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: "Al Qa'eda Is afraid of me" Says Obama On Saud Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I was speaking to normal, thoughtful readers here, Jim.

Yes, I know. Thank you.

You obviously panicked long ago, and haven't used sound reasoning in quite some time.

Can you give me the exact date of when that happened? I need to know exactly when I lost my marbles.

...there will always be a small minority, such as yourself, that will carp and complain no matter what the President does, or how successful he may be.

Oh, because you and your leftist liberal comrades were soooo suppoertive of G.W. Bush for the past 8 years...

Pat Buchanan has never been my ideological idol. I don't know what turban you are pulling this out from.

68% job approval after 3 days on the job. This falling from 80%.

Again, only 68% so far, after 3 days of "work".
Levi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mike, you still haven't answered my question: According to who or to what? Do you even know what his IQ number is?

Video: Mike Beschloss (the Clueless Presidential Historian), Don Imus and Barack Obama's IQ: http://www.wikio.com/video/598710 or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCV9ZoV--BY
Hilarious!
Levi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Barack H. Obama Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The man is brilliant, and I feel, and have felt, all along, that he is a good man.
I'm not going to say who the last President that I felt this good about, at this point was, because it would reveal my age in a rather shocking manner, Smile , but the man has surprised me.
I am even hearing positive, though grudging, comments about him from conservative commentators.
Time will tell.

What did time tell you now, Mike?

Last edited by Levi on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
samovar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Little butchy bad ass in stinky pants Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

"Who's afraid of the little gay wolf. The little gay wolf. The little gay wolf." Laughing Fo Shizzle My Nizzle! Fo shizzle anybody's nizzle

Curtsey
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Jerusalem Posts Forum Index -> Introduction to the Arab/Israel Conflict All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: