Welcome to Jerusalem Posts Forum
Help the IDF, they need fresh underwear, food, money for the injured and families of the fallen are being made available by the LIBI Fund. Stuff is being dropped of to the troops as fast as it can. But they need more.

Menu
· Home
· Calendar
· Feedback
· Forums
· Links
· Polls
· Private Messages
· Recommend Us
· Submit News
· Your Account
· Your Journal

Recommended

Gerald Honigman has just published a major book, "QUEST FOR JUSTICE", the result of decades of study on the Middle east.

Jerry was denied a PhD because he was too pro-Israel. But he wasn’t daunted and went on to crown his years of study with this book rather than a PhD.

To read more about the book and what others say and where you can buy it go
HERE.

Jerusalem Posts :: View topic - THE LEGAL CASE FOR ISRAEL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   FavoritesFavorites   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

THE LEGAL CASE FOR ISRAEL

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Jerusalem Posts Forum Index -> Introduction to the Arab/Israel Conflict
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nannette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: THE LEGAL CASE FOR ISRAEL Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ub2x5UvjUs4
- Kohelet Rabba 7:16
Michael_BlackburnSr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Israel is the only continously inhabited country in the ME and the only real Democracy.
Jackie Jaidy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Michael_BlackburnSr wrote:
Israel is the only continously inhabited country in the ME and the only real Democracy.

I believe Abraham visited Damascus during his meandering route to Canaan from Ur. That city was already well established by the time Ibraham arrived to set up his Jewish dynasty.
As for Israel's democracy.......hmmm....women not allowed to pray at the Wall, be portrayed on posters, and are under pressure to be segregated on buses! Ever seen a smelly old man allocated a seat next to a woman on a plane?
Corruption in high places has to be at least as great in Israel as anywhere else in the muddle east
Michael_BlackburnSr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jackie Jaidy wrote:
Michael_BlackburnSr wrote:

I believe Abraham visited Damascus during his meandering route to Canaan from Ur. That city was already well established by the time Ibraham arrived to set up his Jewish dynasty.
As for Israel's democracy.......hmmm....women not allowed to pray at the Wall, be portrayed on posters, and are under pressure to be segregated on buses! Ever seen a smelly old man allocated a seat next to a woman on a plane?
Corruption in high places has to be at least as great in Israel as anywhere else in the muddle east

Damascus was not Arabian back then, dear. Israel however WAS and has allways been Jewish.
Democracy is not perfect, it is infinitely preferable to any Arabian dictatorship, however.
Levi

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jackie Jaidy wrote:

Yes, and King Hafez el-Assad of Syria greeted him with couscous and mint tea...

Damascus is one of the oldest cities in the world but it did not belong to Syrians or Arabs in Abraham's time. It belonged to the Arameans. See:
    The Arameans (Aramaic: ܐܪ̈ܡܝܐ‎, ארמיא ; ʼaramáyé) were a Northwest Semitic semi-nomadic and pastoralist people who originated in what is now modern Syria (Biblical Aram) during the Late Bronze Age and the Iron Age. Large groups migrated to Mesopotamia where they intermingled with the native Akkadian (Assyrian and Babylonian) population. A large proportion of Syriac Christians in modern Syria still espouse an Aramean identity to this day, though few now speak the Western Aramaic language. The Arameans never had a unified nation; they were divided into small independent kingdoms across parts of the Near East, particularly in what is now modern Syria. After the Bronze Age collapse, their political influence was confined to a number of Syro-Hittite states, which were entirely absorbed into the Neo-Assyrian Empire by the 8th century BC. By contrast, the Aramaic language came to be the lingua franca of the entire Fertile Crescent, by Late Antiquity developing into the literary languages such as Syriac and Mandaic. Scholars have used the term "Aramaization" for the process by which the Akkadian/Assyro-Babylonian peoples became Aramaic-speaking during the later Iron Age.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arameans
But yes, Abram (before being called Abraham) had a friend and confident and manager of his estate by the name of Eliezer of Damascus (Genesis 15:2). Abram also had to fight local thieves (what's new!) and chase after them as far as Hobah, north of Damascus (Genesis 14:15).
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

"Since the day that I brought My people from the land of Egypt, I did not choose a city out of all the tribes of Israel in which to build a house that My name might be there, nor did I choose any man for a leader over My people Israel; but I have chosen Jerusalem that My name might be there, and I have chosen David to be over My people Israel."
II Chronicles 6: 5-6
Levi

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

For Jackie, Egypt is the State of De-Nile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Jerusalem Posts Forum Index -> Introduction to the Arab/Israel Conflict All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: