Welcome to Jerusalem Posts Forum
Help the IDF, they need fresh underwear, food, money for the injured and families of the fallen are being made available by the LIBI Fund. Stuff is being dropped of to the troops as fast as it can. But they need more.

Menu
· Home
· Calendar
· Feedback
· Forums
· Links
· Polls
· Private Messages
· Recommend Us
· Submit News
· Your Account
· Your Journal

Recommended

Gerald Honigman has just published a major book, "QUEST FOR JUSTICE", the result of decades of study on the Middle east.

Jerry was denied a PhD because he was too pro-Israel. But he wasn’t daunted and went on to crown his years of study with this book rather than a PhD.

To read more about the book and what others say and where you can buy it go
HERE.

Jerusalem Posts :: View topic - Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   FavoritesFavorites   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Jerusalem Posts Forum Index -> Introduction to the Arab/Israel Conflict
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levi

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- The Vatican officially recognized the state of Palestine in a new treaty finalized Wednesday, immediately sparking Israeli ire and accusations that the move hurt peace prospects. The treaty, which concerns the activities of the Catholic Church in Palestinian territory, makes clear that the Holy See has switched its diplomatic recognition from the Palestine Liberation Organization to the state of Palestine.

The Vatican had welcomed the decision by the U.N. General Assembly in 2012 to recognize a Palestinian state. But the treaty is the first legal document negotiated between the Holy See and the Palestinian state and constitutes official diplomatic recognition. "Yes, it's a recognition that the state exists," said the Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi.

The Israeli foreign ministry said it was "disappointed" by the development. "This move does not promote the peace process and distances the Palestinian leadership from returning to direct and bilateral negotiations," the ministry said in a text message. "Israel will study the agreement and will consider its steps accordingly."

The treaty was finalized days before Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas visits Pope Francis at the Vatican. Abbas is heading to Rome to attend Francis' canonization Sunday of two new saints from the Holy Land.

The Vatican has been referring unofficially to the state of Palestine for at least a year. During Pope Francis' 2014 visit to the Holy Land, the Vatican's official program referred to Abbas as the president of the "state of Palestine." In the Vatican's latest yearbook, the Palestinian ambassador to the Holy See is listed as representing "Palestine (state of)." The Vatican's foreign minister, Monsignor Antoine Camilleri, acknowledged the change in status, given that the treaty was initially inked with the PLO and is now being finalized with the "state of Palestine." But he said the shift was simply in line with the Holy See's position.

This isn't the first time that the Vatican under Francis has taken diplomatic moves knowing that it would ruffle feathers: Just last month, Francis referred to the slaughter of Armenians by Turkish Ottomans a century ago as a "genocide," prompting Turkey to recall its ambassador.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_REL_VATICAN_PALESTINIAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-05-13-10-07-28
The current Pope is one stupid schmuck. Where or waht are the borders of this alleged state of Palestine? Where are the civil institutions that govern this new state of Palestine? Where is the proof that this state of Palestine wants to live in peace with its neighbors? Where is the proof that PLO has abandoned its Charter and goal of destroying Israel? Why is the Pope in the business of politics instead of church?
Levi

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Revelation 17 (New International Reader's Version (NIRV))

Babylon the Great Prostitute Sits on the Beast

17 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came to me. He said, “Come. I will show you how the great prostitute will be punished. She is the one who sits by many waters. 2 The kings of the earth took part in her evil ways. The people living on earth were drunk with the wine of her terrible sins.”

3 Then in a vision the angel carried me away to a desert. There the Holy Spirit showed me a woman sitting on a bright red beast. It was covered with names that say evil things about God. It had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and bright red. She was gleaming with gold, jewels and pearls. In her hand she held a golden cup filled with things that God hates. It was filled with her terrible, dirty sins. 5 The name written on her forehead was a mystery. Here is what it said.

The great city of babylon
      The mother of prostitutes
      The mother of everything on earth that god hates

6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people. They are the ones who are witnesses about Jesus.

When I saw her, I was very amazed. 7 Then the angel said to me, “Why are you amazed? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman. And I will explain the mystery of the beast she rides on.

The beast is the one who has the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that you saw used to exist and now does not. Yet it will come up out of the Abyss and be destroyed. Some people on the earth will be amazed when they see the beast. Their names have not been written in the book of life from the time the world was created. They will be amazed at the beast. That’s because it will come again even though it used to exist and now does not.

9 “Here is a problem that you have to be wise to understand. The seven heads are seven hills that the woman sits on. 10 They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is ruling, and the other has still not come. When he does come, he must remain for only a little while. 11 The beast who used to exist, and now does not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the other seven. He will be destroyed.

12 “The ten horns you saw are ten kings. They have not yet received a kingdom. But for one hour they will receive authority to rule together with the beast. 13 They have only one purpose. So they will give their power and authority to the beast. 14 They will make war against the Lamb. But the Lamb will have victory over them. That’s because he is the most powerful Lord of all and the greatest King of all. His appointed, chosen and faithful followers will be with him.”

15 Then the angel spoke to me. “You saw the waters the prostitute sits on,” he said. “They stand for all the nations of the world, no matter what their race or language is. 16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will destroy her and leave her naked. They will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 God has put it into their hearts to carry out his purpose. So they agreed to give the beast their royal authority. They will give him this authority until God’s words come true. 18 The woman you saw stands for the great city of Babylon. That city rules over the kings of the earth.”
Yochanan

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Levi wrote:

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- The Vatican officially recognized the state of Palestine in a new treaty finalized Wednesday, immediately sparking Israeli ire and accusations that the move hurt peace prospects. The treaty, which concerns the activities of the Catholic Church in Palestinian territory, makes clear that the Holy See has switched its diplomatic recognition from the Palestine Liberation Organization to the state of Palestine.

The Vatican had welcomed the decision by the U.N. General Assembly in 2012 to recognize a Palestinian state. But the treaty is the first legal document negotiated between the Holy See and the Palestinian state and constitutes official diplomatic recognition. "Yes, it's a recognition that the state exists," said the Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi.

The Israeli foreign ministry said it was "disappointed" by the development. "This move does not promote the peace process and distances the Palestinian leadership from returning to direct and bilateral negotiations," the ministry said in a text message. "Israel will study the agreement and will consider its steps accordingly."

The treaty was finalized days before Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas visits Pope Francis at the Vatican. Abbas is heading to Rome to attend Francis' canonization Sunday of two new saints from the Holy Land.

The Vatican has been referring unofficially to the state of Palestine for at least a year. During Pope Francis' 2014 visit to the Holy Land, the Vatican's official program referred to Abbas as the president of the "state of Palestine." In the Vatican's latest yearbook, the Palestinian ambassador to the Holy See is listed as representing "Palestine (state of)." The Vatican's foreign minister, Monsignor Antoine Camilleri, acknowledged the change in status, given that the treaty was initially inked with the PLO and is now being finalized with the "state of Palestine." But he said the shift was simply in line with the Holy See's position.

This isn't the first time that the Vatican under Francis has taken diplomatic moves knowing that it would ruffle feathers: Just last month, Francis referred to the slaughter of Armenians by Turkish Ottomans a century ago as a "genocide," prompting Turkey to recall its ambassador.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_REL_VATICAN_PALESTINIAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-05-13-10-07-28
The current Pope is one stupid schmuck. Where or waht are the borders of this alleged state of Palestine? Where are the civil institutions that govern this new state of Palestine? Where is the proof that this state of Palestine wants to live in peace with its neighbors? Where is the proof that PLO has abandoned its Charter and goal of destroying Israel? Why is the Pope in the business of politics instead of church?

The pope is an apostate asshole!
Proverbs 22:3 & 27:12 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
Levi

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

And a Marxist at heart: http://www.jerusalemposts.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=32444&start=90
Levi

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Israel hawks to Pope Francis: Stay out of politics

After Pope Francis moved to recognize a Palestinian state, some gung-ho defenders of Israel suggested the pontiff should stick to preaching and stay out of politics. “It’s interesting how the Vatican has gotten so political when ultimately the Vatican ought to be working to lead people to Jesus Christ and salvation, and that’s what the Church is supposed to do,” said Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.), a hawkish defender of Israel.

It wasn’t just Duncan. Several House conservatives seemed exasperated that Francis, who will address Congress this fall, approved the Vatican’s recognition of Palestine as a state. On Wednesday, critics said Rome needs to leave the question of Palestinian statehood to be sorted out in the Middle East. “I’m disappointed,” Duncan added. “Now the Pope is legitimizing a Palestinian state without requiring those who get recognition to recognize Israel as a Jewish state.”

Others were frustrated that the pontiff would recognize a place that’s an avowed enemy of a U.S. ally like Israel. “I’m surprised that the pope would recognize Palestine when they’re still haters who want to eliminate Israel off the map and don’t recognize Israel,” said Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), a member of the Israel Allies Caucus. “The Pope is the head of his religion, and he makes those calls for himself, but I represent 700,000 people from East Texas and a vast majority agree with me.”

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), who co-chairs the caucus, was even bolder, calling the pontiff’s position into question on Biblical grounds. “He’s a religious figure and he has every right to have his political viewpoint, but someone of that profile should have strong scriptural foundation for whatever positions he takes that are extensively representing the head of the Catholic Church,” Franks said. “I think this is probably one he should not have expressed.” “I’m not sure he’s fully apprised of the circumstances out there,” Franks said.

The Vatican’s policy change comes just a day after a top aide to Francis blasted U.S. politicians for denying climate change, blaming it on capitalism. The pope has also made waves with comments on homosexuality that many considered more moderate than his predecessors and with skepticism of consumerism.

Several Republicans were more forgiving. Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.), who is Catholic, didn’t seem too worried and said it’s not really in his wheelhouse. “On faith and morals, he can speak to that … but on foreign affairs, maybe not,” he said.

Another idea some members floated: Maybe he just doesn’t know any better. “I’m not sure that he’s as good of a politician as he is a Pope,” said Steve King (R-Iowa).

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), also Catholic, has invited the Pope to address Congress later this year, where the whole world will watch to see if he delivers a political message. He has, after all, not shied away from criticizing his own priests for lack of piety at a holiday mass.

Huelskamp said that, when the Pope comes to Washington, he hopes the Pontiff “focuses on issues [where] he can make a difference — the ‘non-negotiables’”— like abortion, same sex marriage and the like. “How do you deal with a poverty problem? There’s not a Catholic [fix], contrary to the arguments of certain economists that work at the Vatican,” Huelskamp said, said referring to the pope’s views on economics. “But there’s a Catholic view on life, on marriage, on the rights of parents and education. So I hope he sticks to this.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/israel-hawks-to-pop-francis-stay-out-of-politics-117929.html
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/13/lawmakers-express-shock-dismay-at-popes-recognition-of-palestinian-state/
Levi

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Rubio: Palestinian statehood not currently possible

U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, a candidate for the Republican nomination for president, said he would not pursue a two-state solution for the Israel-Palestinian conflict right now. “I don’t think the conditions exist for that today,” Rubio said Wednesday during a question-and-answer session hosted by PBS’s Charlie Rose at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York. “That’s the ideal outcome, but the conditions for a two-state solution at this moment do not exist.”

Rubio, a hawk on pro-Israel issues, blamed the Palestinian Authority, the official government of the Palestinians, for the current situation, as well as the lack of unity among the Palestinians. He also pointed out that the Palestinians had rejected two previous peace offers from Israel.

“I think the most we can hope for in the short term is that the Palestinians Authority will be able to provide a level of stability in that territory. And ultimately, the conditions will rise up with new leadership that will allow something like that to happen,” he said, according to Haaretz.

Rubio said that that there was little difference between the view of the threat posed by Iran held by him and by Benjamin Netanyahu except that the Israeli prime minister “lives a lot closer to them than I do,” according to the New York Times.

He heavily criticized President Barack Obama’s foreign policy moves, and said that lifting sanctions on Iran under a proposed deal agreed to by the Islamic Republic and the world powers would lead to a “cascade of nuclear proliferation” that could force Israel to “take bold action” and foment a war in the region.

Earlier this month Rubio tried to amend Congressional legislation to require that Iran recognize Israel as a precondition to any nuclear deal. During his speech Rubio asserted that: “Today, like never before, foreign policy is domestic policy.”

http://www.timesofisrael.com/rubio-palestinian-statehood-not-currently-possible/
Yochanan

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Levi wrote:

Israel hawks to Pope Francis: Stay out of politics

After Pope Francis moved to recognize a Palestinian state, some gung-ho defenders of Israel suggested the pontiff should stick to preaching and stay out of politics. “It’s interesting how the Vatican has gotten so political when ultimately the Vatican ought to be working to lead people to Jesus Christ and salvation, and that’s what the Church is supposed to do,” said Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.), a hawkish defender of Israel.

It wasn’t just Duncan. Several House conservatives seemed exasperated that Francis, who will address Congress this fall, approved the Vatican’s recognition of Palestine as a state. On Wednesday, critics said Rome needs to leave the question of Palestinian statehood to be sorted out in the Middle East. “I’m disappointed,” Duncan added. “Now the Pope is legitimizing a Palestinian state without requiring those who get recognition to recognize Israel as a Jewish state.”

Others were frustrated that the pontiff would recognize a place that’s an avowed enemy of a U.S. ally like Israel. “I’m surprised that the pope would recognize Palestine when they’re still haters who want to eliminate Israel off the map and don’t recognize Israel,” said Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), a member of the Israel Allies Caucus. “The Pope is the head of his religion, and he makes those calls for himself, but I represent 700,000 people from East Texas and a vast majority agree with me.”

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), who co-chairs the caucus, was even bolder, calling the pontiff’s position into question on Biblical grounds. “He’s a religious figure and he has every right to have his political viewpoint, but someone of that profile should have strong scriptural foundation for whatever positions he takes that are extensively representing the head of the Catholic Church,” Franks said. “I think this is probably one he should not have expressed.” “I’m not sure he’s fully apprised of the circumstances out there,” Franks said.

The Vatican’s policy change comes just a day after a top aide to Francis blasted U.S. politicians for denying climate change, blaming it on capitalism. The pope has also made waves with comments on homosexuality that many considered more moderate than his predecessors and with skepticism of consumerism.

Several Republicans were more forgiving. Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.), who is Catholic, didn’t seem too worried and said it’s not really in his wheelhouse. “On faith and morals, he can speak to that … but on foreign affairs, maybe not,” he said.

Another idea some members floated: Maybe he just doesn’t know any better. “I’m not sure that he’s as good of a politician as he is a Pope,” said Steve King (R-Iowa).

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), also Catholic, has invited the Pope to address Congress later this year, where the whole world will watch to see if he delivers a political message. He has, after all, not shied away from criticizing his own priests for lack of piety at a holiday mass.

Huelskamp said that, when the Pope comes to Washington, he hopes the Pontiff “focuses on issues [where] he can make a difference — the ‘non-negotiables’”— like abortion, same sex marriage and the like. “How do you deal with a poverty problem? There’s not a Catholic [fix], contrary to the arguments of certain economists that work at the Vatican,” Huelskamp said, said referring to the pope’s views on economics. “But there’s a Catholic view on life, on marriage, on the rights of parents and education. So I hope he sticks to this.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/israel-hawks-to-pop-francis-stay-out-of-politics-117929.html
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/13/lawmakers-express-shock-dismay-at-popes-recognition-of-palestinian-state/

The pope needs to stick to things which he knows best such as fondling little boys.

As for Rubio, he talks, but then Obama talked a lot about all the wonderful things he would do once in office. The GOP all talked about why they needed to be elected so they could counter all the destruction brought forth by the Libs. What have we actually seen? Not much!
Proverbs 22:3 & 27:12 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
Levi

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yochanan wrote:
The pope needs to stick to things which he knows best such as fondling little boys.

Hilarious! Indeed.
Levi

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yochanan wrote:
As for Rubio, he talks, but then Obama talked a lot about all the wonderful things he would do once in office. The GOP all talked about why they needed to be elected so they could counter all the destruction brought forth by the Libs. What have we actually seen? Not much!

True, but all of them talk and we will have to choose who convinces us the most. Since Sarah Palin is not running, we will have to use our judgment for the ones who do run. Jeb Bush has been disappointing to me before and lately he is making amateurish mistakes in his speeches and interviews. Rubio, on the other hand, has been very impressive lately.
Yochanan

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Levi wrote:
Yochanan wrote:

True, but all of them talk and we will have to choose who convinces us the most. Since Sarah Palin is not running, we will have to use our judgment for the ones who do run. Jeb Bush has been disappointing to me before and lately he is making amateurish mistakes in his speeches and interviews. Rubio, on the other hand, has been very impressive lately.

English translation: We have to toss a coin.
Levi

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Or, as Lewis Black said in one of his comedy stand-up specials: we will have to close the nose and choose the bowl of s--t that smells less than the other.
Yochanan

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Levi wrote:
Or, as Lewis Black said in one of his comedy stand-up specials: we will have to close the nose and choose the bowl of s--t that smells less than the other.

That's accurate.
Levi

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Marco Rubio Lights It Up

There are two things that have happened here. The first thing that happened is that Larry Ellison of Oracle, worth something like $57 billion, is throwing a huge fundraiser for Rubio out in California... And then Rubio shows up on the Council on Foreign Relations and literally ran rings around everybody, including Jeb Bush.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/05/14/marco_rubio_lights_it_up
Yochanan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Levi wrote:

Marco Rubio Lights It Up

There are two things that have happened here. The first thing that happened is that Larry Ellison of Oracle, worth something like $57 billion, is throwing a huge fundraiser for Rubio out in California... And then Rubio shows up on the Council on Foreign Relations and literally ran rings around everybody, including Jeb Bush.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/05/14/marco_rubio_lights_it_up

My grandmother could run rings around Jeb Bush and she farts dust.
Levi

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Your grandmother must have been a great woman. Is she still alive?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Jerusalem Posts Forum Index -> Introduction to the Arab/Israel Conflict All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: