· Links
· Polls
· Private Messages
· Recommend Us
· Submit News
· Your Account
· Your Journal

Recommended

Gerald Honigman has just published a major book, "QUEST FOR JUSTICE", the result of decades of study on the Middle east.

Jerry was denied a PhD because he was too pro-Israel. But he wasn’t daunted and went on to crown his years of study with this book rather than a PhD.

To read more about the book and what others say and where you can buy it go
HERE.

Jerusalem Posts :: View topic - Lebanese woman says she discovered freedom in Jewish state
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   FavoritesFavorites   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Lebanese woman says she discovered freedom in Jewish state

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Jerusalem Posts Forum Index -> Introduction to the Arab/Israel Conflict
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Lebanese woman says she discovered freedom in Jewish state Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
A Lebanese-born woman who later lived in Israel told a Columbia University forum today the Muslim Arab world's hatred of the Jewish state is blinding it to reason.

Brigitte Gabriel

Brigitte Gabriel, founder of American Congress for Truth, recalled being raised on "a steady diet of lies poisoning our attitudes toward the Jews. Israel – Aaesrael, Israel is the devil. Al-Yahud shayateen, The Jews are evil. Sarakou Al-Ard Al Arabiyah. They stole Arab land. Al Wakt al wahid allazi yassir endana salam huwa lamma naqtul kul al yahud wa narmihum bil bahr, The only time we'll have peace in the Middle East is when we kill all the Jews and drive them into the sea. Every time Israel was mentioned it was attached to the phrase, Al adew al Israeli. The Israeli enemy."

"My country and others saw nothing wrong with practicing this form of mind abuse," she said. "Of taking a generation hostage, molding them into misguided weapons; some willing to be martyred in the name of Islam or Palestinian nationalism. It's a form of mental child abuse taking place in every Arab country."

Gabriel told the audience that only a personal experience with the Israelis allowed her to see through the lies she was taught throughout her childhood.

"My eyes were opened when I spent 22 days in a hospital in northern Israel in the early 1980s," she recalled. "I watched unbelievably as Israeli doctors treated my mother wounded by an artillery shell before he treated the wounded Israeli soldier lying next to her. They treated Lebanese Muslims and Palestinian militia fighters on a par with wounded IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) soldiers. I was shocked that this enemy, hated by the Arabs, treated us all with utmost courtesy, compassion, and respect. It was a transforming experience countering the lies and all the propaganda that I had been indoctrinated in as a child. Ultimately, I made a commitment to leave my home country and move to Israel to be with these people whose values I respected."

Later she became an Israeli newscaster.

"As a Middle Easterner brought up on this patent 'Israel is a racist state' propaganda, I discovered it is total hate-inspired nonsense," she said." I've seen with my own eyes what kind of society Israel is. I consider Israel to be one of the most multi-racial and multi-cultural countries in the world. There are no racial restrictions on becoming a citizen of Israel like there are in many Arab countries. Remember, Jews can't live in the neighboring Arab Kingdom of Jordan or in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."

She explained that more than 100 different countries of the world are represented in the population of Israel.

"Consider how the Israeli government spent tens of millions of dollars airlifting more than 40,000 black Ethiopian Jews to Israel in 1984 and 1991," she said. "Since 2001 Israel has reached out to help others taking in non-Jewish refugees from Lebanon, the Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, Vietnam, Liberia, Congo and even Bosnian Muslims. How many such refugees have the 22 states in the Arab league taken in? The Arab world won't even give Palestinian refugees citizenship in their host countries."

She added that more than 1 million Arabs are full Israel citizens, that an Arab sits on the Supreme Court of Israel, that there are Arab political parties expressing views inimical to the state of Israel sitting in the Knesset, that women are equal partners in Israel and have complete human rights.

"Show me an Arab nation with a Jew in its government," she challenged. "Show me an Arab country with half as many Jewish citizens as Israel has Arab citizens. I'll borrow some of your academic freedom now and say that Arab nations are the real racist and oppressive states."

Gabriel also charged this kind of hatred is infiltrating U.S. college campuses like Columbia.

"These ideologues know that they are teaching students who have no background or prior knowledge of the Middle East situation," she said. "What they are doing is an extension of what is taking place in schools in Palestinian and Muslim madrasses across the Islamic crescent. Repeat a lie enough and it becomes truth. You listen to what we say. If you don't there will be consequences."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43175
Nannette

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

She's a brave woman for speaking the truth, but no doubt, the Islamists will put a fatwa on her head now...
- Kohelet Rabba 7:16
Levi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

She lives in Israel. She is protected from stupid Islamic fatwas the same as any other Israeli. She is a brave and an honest woman speaking the truth about Arab/Islamic moronism. If only the whole world was fed up with it once and for all instead of catering to those vile imbeciles that enslave women, brainwash children, promote violence and terror and pretend they don't (!) Those social and cultural retards!

Last edited by Levi on Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nannette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If only the whole world would do the same as she's doing....
Levi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Joseph Farrah of WorldNet Daily is of Arab descent. He is a Christian. He speaks most favorably about Israel and most critically about Islam and the Arabs. We need more people like that in this world.
Nannette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
Joseph Farrah of WorldNet Daily is of Arab descent. He is a Christian. He speaks most favorably about Israel and most critically about Islam and the Arabs. We need more people like that in this world.

Joseph Farrah is originally Lebanese and knows the middle east situation better than most other reporters in America.

And yes, we do need many, many, more people like him...
Levi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Joseph Farah's multiplied by millions would be great. The other I don't see happenning is Islamic governments and clerics speaking out loudly against violence and terror spread worldwide in the name of Islam.
Nannette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
Joseph Farah's multiplied by millions would be great. The other I don't see happenning is Islamic governments and clerics speaking out loudly against violence and terror spread worldwide in the name of Islam.

Why would they speak out against it when most are encouraging it? Surprised
Levi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Who is "most"?

Last edited by Levi on Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Levi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Who is the "most"?

This is reposted because sorry, but Raven at times is CRAPOLA!! Angry Why is Raven updating, checking, crapping, etc. the forum during the day when most post on it and have to either wait for the forum to come up, click submit and wait an hour to have the post submitted, or submit several times and have the same post posted 3-4 times?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Jerusalem Posts Forum Index -> Introduction to the Arab/Israel Conflict All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: