The Land of Israel in 1914 - Photo Gallery

Jerusalem Posts -> Introduction to the Arab/Israel Conflict

Author: Nannette PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: The Land of Israel in 1914 - Photo Gallery

Some amazing and beautiful photos... of Israel, in 1914...

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3137865,00.html

Author: Michael_BlackburnSrLocation: IsraelAmerica, Ani ohev et Israel PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Land of Israel in 1914 - Photo Gallery

Nannette wrote:
Some amazing and beautiful photos... of Israel, in 1914...

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3137865,00.html

They are indeed amazing.
So much courage, those who made Aliyah in those days, to join with the land and the people.
I loved the photos, especially the one with the little sephardic and ashkenazi kids in front of the Yeshuv.

IsraelAmerica

Author: Nannette PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject:

Mike, some of those families photographed had lived there for centuries... but the Jews worked the land, and the Arabs migrated there to be paid labourers... as the photos show!

Author: Michael_BlackburnSrLocation: IsraelAmerica, Ani ohev et Israel PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Nannette wrote:
Mike, some of those families photographed had lived there for centuries... but the Jews worked the land, and the Arabs migrated there to be paid labourers... as the photos show!

Some Jews have been there for thousands of years.
I can't read Hebrew characters, unfortunately, (yet) so I assumed they were mitnahalim.

IsraelAmerica

Author: Nannette PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Michael_BlackburnSr wrote:
Nannette wrote:

I can't read Hebrew characters, unfortunately, (yet) so I assumed they were mitnahalim.

IsraelAmerica

The photos named the places and the families photographed...

Author: Intruder PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Michael_BlackburnSr wrote:
Nannette wrote:

IsraelAmerica

He he he !

SUUUUURE !

....and elephants fly.

Rolling On Floor Laughing

Jerusalem Posts -> Introduction to the Arab/Israel Conflict